Spill ResponseDomestic Oil Tank Failure and Impact to Soil and Groundwater
A single skin plastic oil storage tank had failed losing around one thousand litres of oil onto the ground. This had soaked into the soil and affected the neighbours’ property leading to a strong smell of kerosene in the general area as well as affecting the quality of soil in the garden over an area of approximately 20m2.
RemTech was instructed to carry out the following works:
- Respond to a reported spill incident and undertake any immediate action to contain the spill, prevent spread and assess the extent of the contamination.
Domestic property owner via insurance company
Project Duration and Cost:
15 days – £22,000
The leaking tank was inside an outbuilding with limited access. Our services comprised:
- Spill response – attending site at short notice to assess the situation
- Deploy adsorbants and stabilise the leaking tank
- Fuel transfer and set up of temporary oil storage
- Dismantle steel tank and dispose
- Site investigation and soil sampling and analysis
- Drill and install groundwater monitoring wells to assess migration of fuel to the underlying aquifer
- Immediate recovery of fuel from the aquifer
- Vardenafil price australia
- Get tadalafil prescription online
- Buy generic propecia online
- Valtrex price in canada
All works were completed to stabilise the situation and allow options for further treatment to be assessed.