RestorationDomestic Boiler Leak with Impact to Building Fabric
A fuel leak within a domestic central heating boiler located on the first floor of a holiday cottage contaminated the flooring and floor joists. The fuel impact spread several metres from the leak location. The impact was noticed after neighbours reported a strong smell of kerosene in their own property.
RemTech was instructed to carry out the following works:
- Respond to the reported incident and assess immediate actions
- report on the extend of impact and provide a restoration plan
- execute the restoration work
Domestic property owner via insurance company
Project Duration and Cost:
30 days – £15,000
The boiler leak had been fixed by others, but the impact to the building fabric and kerosene odours were significant. Our work comprised:
- Immediate site assessment and action planning
- installation of a vacuum extraction system to vent the area of fuel impact within the floor void space and thus mitigate further odour nuisance in the properties
- preparation of a restoration plan
- execution of the restoration plan comprising the replacement of the boiler, stripping out of the fitted kitchen and the kitchen flooring, replacement of affected floor joist sections and reinstatement of the new floor and fitted kitchen.
- Buy generic propecia online
- Get tadalafil prescription online
All works were completed to the satisfaction of the homeowner, insurer and loss adjuster. The work was completed on time and on budget.
The homeowner’s feedback: ‘ I was very impressed by the excellent communication and attention to detail that I received from Giles and his team. Excellent service.’