Spill Response and RestorationDomestic Oil Tank Failure and Impact to Soil
A single skin plastic oil storage tank had failed losing around one thousand litres of oil onto the ground. This had soaked into the soil and affected the neighbours’ property leading to a strong smell of kerosene in the general area as well as affecting the quality of soil in the garden over an area of approximately 20m2.
RemTech was instructed to carry out the following works:
- Investigate the lateral and vertical extents of the affected area.
- To prepare a detailed scope of work and price to remediate the affected area.
- To carry out the work in accordance with the agreed scope and,
- To provide update, and verification reports to document the progress and completion of the work.
Domestic property owner via insurance company
Project Duration and Cost:
10 days – £8,000
- Site investigation and soil sampling and analysis
- Fuel transfer and set up of temporary oil supply to maintain heating inside the residential property during the work
- Site security
- Excavation and reinstatement using certified top quality topsoil
- Verification of contaminant removal using field and laboratory testing equipment
- Reinstatement of gardens to meet expectations of the site residents
All works were completed to the satisfaction of the homeowner, insurer and loss adjuster. The work was completed on time and on budget.